9/13/13

The Seaside Park Fire

The boardwalk in Seaside Park burnt almost in its entirety today. What was left of the original boards after Hurricane Sandy. Maybe this is a sign of new beginnings. It makes me want to set the world on fire and watch all the past blow away like ashes while we rise up like a phoenix. 

If this was Captain Planet we’ve got Water, the flood, Earth, the earthquake, Fire, obviously, and Air, the hurricane covered. Now we just need Heart and we’ll be good to go. All that is left after all of the destruction is heart. No one was hurt which is really the most important thing. 

How can you quantify in words what it feels like to see your world, everything you once knew so well, burn? When I started a blog about politics and global news I never thought there would be so many local news events to center my writing around. This would probably seem a lot worse had the hurricane not reminded us that humans always rebuild, that’s what we do. Fantastical changes to the landscape and the souls of the people I know. 

Reality is more than my imagination can create. The events of our time often leave me wondering, is this real life? My dreams feel insane and dramatic but when I am awake is when the real drama transpires. I can always tell dreams for what they are. I am with the wrong beings, wearing the wrong clothes, in strange places I’ve never seen. 

It is always reality that takes what’s familiar and turns it upside down in ways unimaginable until they are reality. When days like today happen it is easy to remember tomorrow can be a better day. The sun will come out tomorrow. 

Critical ugly people become more obvious when tragedy strikes. Some may be speechless. Some may be hopelessly optimistic that we will recover. They are right, people always recover. Some people just can’t help themselves but to bring other people down. Those people aren’t worth having a place in your life until they learn otherwise. If they never learn otherwise they will always be the souls isolated and dragging the rest of humanity down. I am grateful to know so many beautiful beings that my life is always filled with possibilities even on the most seemingly awful horrid days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment