10/21/11

This Won't Be Easy

Dear President Obama, 
My name is Jackie Lane. I am a 26 year old married cosmetologist in Toms River, New Jersey. I have made it my mission to write you an email every day for your remaining days as our president. Today should be my 5th letter to you, but yesterday I felt disheartened in my cause. It is hard to stay focused on Change when the people around you are so unwilling to see the light. It has been a long 2 days, Muammar Qaddafi has been killed and the troops are coming home. I should be filled with joy, our administration is finally fulfilling it's campaign promises. I cried that evening last summer when I saw you announce that the troops would be coming home from Iraq in 14 months. But the joy I should feel is being outweighed. The first thing I wondered as I realized these men and women of my generation would be home in just a few months was what are they going to do? With more than 9% of American's out of work, what jobs will there be for my fellow citizens who fought so hard to protect us? My one hope in this is that through your foreign policy accomplishments the men and women who oppose the civil rights of Americans in this country will have no choice but to back down. We need people who will educate society like teachers, and people who protect us like firefighters and policemen, and we need to put back to work the men and women who built this nation with their bare hands and forged it out of service and hard work. None of the corporations that make our goods would be where they are today without factory workers, foremen, and engineers. When we reform education in this country and every man and woman has a viable skill and contribution to our nation think of the things America will accomplish. It's not just about creating jobs, it's about creating a better world for our children to live in. I will think of all the hardships you will face in the coming months to remind myself why I am sending words of support and encouragement to our President.

Share the Love

No comments:

Post a Comment