10/19/11

I Have An Idea

[I couldn't figure out what I might want to write and actually publish when I created this blog. But I have an idea now. I recently started sending the president emails that express how I feel about the way things are in this country. It seemed like a good way to get me to start writing again since nothing else makes me as passionate as the future of our children and the world we are going to leave them to when we are gone.]

My name is Jackie Lane. I am a married 26 year old Cosmetologist in Toms River, New Jersey. Firstly I would like to say that I am a very big supporter of the Obama family. I’ve been hoping since my son was born in 2006 that the world I live in would Change and I still haven’t lost my Hope. President Obama is the first politician in my lifetime who I feel represents my ideals. I want there to be more focus on the education of our citizens. I want there to be someone standing up for the rights of women. I want someone who represents me, and I felt like I found that. But how can someone remain themselves when they have to represent the ideas of all the corporations who have donated money to their campaign? My number one Hope is that this administration will acknowledge and Change that corporations are not people. How can our elected officials be on the side of the people and not the corporations when we can never hope to donate the kinds of funding that multi-billion dollar corporations can? I am very disappointed to hear that each candidate in this 2012 presidential election is estimated to raise about a billion dollars. Isn’t there something better we could be doing with 2 billion dollars than promoting the only 2 candidates we will have to choose from? I was very inspired by the  speech President Obama gave yesterday at the dedication of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. I will hold onto my Hope for now and show my support and encouragement for Change. I believe great strides in civil rights will be made throughout my lifetime, I have faith President Obama will plant the seeds that will flower for years to come. I will be happy as long as we keep progressing towards the future instead of the stagnation of the past 10 years.

Share the Love

No comments:

Post a Comment