10/19/11

Letter To Obama

Dear President Obama,
My name is Jackie Lane. I am a 26 year old married cosmetologist in Toms River, New Jersey. This is my second in a series of emails to you. As I was discussing with my husband the message I sent you yesterday I realized a few things. I was telling him how excited I would be if I knew that you read an email from me. I told him of how I donated $5 and then $20 that we frankly did not have to your campaign in the hopes that I could actually win an hour of your time. I realized while I told my husband of the fact that it was 1 in a 1000 odds or worse that you would actually see what I said, at least it was possible. It offends me when people say things like, "Obama is like a celebrity" because I realized how exciting it is for the first time to actually be able to email your president and know that at least some one will read it. You are the first president in my lifetime to seem obtainable. I know it's unlikely I will ever get to personally convey my ideas to you. But the Hope is there that it is possible. We need to work towards our politicians having a better understanding of what people want and representing those things. There is too much money influencing social media and politics and not enough love. I will continue to write the stories of my family and friends to you for the rest of your time in office and my hopes for the future. Even if you never read a word I say I will Hope that someone who works for you might be inspired to persist on and fight well for the people you represent. 

Share the Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment