11/5/11

Reform Our Judiciary System: Corporations Are Not People

We, the people, petition the United States of America to investigate and reform the judiciary system of our country.
It is evident that money plays a role in our judicial system. It was our Supreme Court who ruled in favor of the Citizens United.
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission was a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court holding that the First Amendment prohibits government from censoring political broadcasts in candidate elections when those broadcasts are funded by corporations or unions.
When the corrupt court system has allowed the congress to have only the interests of the wealthiest in mind, who is left to protect us?
The Executive Branch.
Stand proudly on the side of the people President Obama.
Corporations are not people.
http://wh.gov/bXs
 
I know no one reads this. But I finally wrote my petition after agonizing over it for a week. 
I need 150 signatures to get it publicized. 25,000 within a month to get a response. I am going to try my hardest but I need all the help I can get. If you see this and you know even one person interested in this change please encourage them to sign. Almost every person will have to be convinced it will matter. Every person will have to be told that yes it is worth the slightly annoying process of signing up for We the People on whitehouse.gov. I feel like public petitions through the internet, especially the website of the administration, are an excellent way for real people to get an actual message across. I want more of my friends to take an active role. I want the best minds putting in their vote and I want us counting their opinion in politics. I want us to stop ignoring it and pretending there is nothing we can do. Alone we can not be heard but in the words of the mayor of Whoville. 

"This", cried the Mayor, "is your town's darkest hour!
The time for all Whos who have blood that is red
To come to the aid of their country!", he said.
"We've GOT to make noises in greater amounts!
So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice co
unts!
(Dr. Seuss, 1954)

I am asking my friends to say, "WE ARE HERE! WE ARE HERE! WE ARE HERE!"


Updated 10/7/12: No one reads WhiteHouse.gov Petitions. It would be such a good idea to involve technology, but they don't really want to know what we think because we don't have lobbyists. 


Like Me On Facebook and Share the Love


No comments:

Post a Comment