8/27/13

Dear President Obama: On Syria (Again, Yes It's That Important I Post A Second Blog Post So We Don't Go To War) P.S. Stop Slut Shaming and Pay Attention



This Is An Old Format For Me. From When I Wasn't Sure I Was A Writer. 
The News Today Makes It Appropriate

Dear President Obama,


Do not support the bombing of Syria. This is yet another false flag of the global elite. You can choose to have a legacy of peace and not the death of innocent civilians. The poor of this world are desperate and suffering. We need to speak for them! Do not allow another generation of children to be sent to war against people who are more like themselves than the men who send them. These people don’t deserve to die. If they do, it is not our choice to make. Why not try and reason with people and make truces instead of bomb them with missiles? We bring bombs to a gun fight. The global elite must have been involved if there was use of Chemical Weapons. The poor don’t have access to Chemical Weapons, it is not rebels. The world knows we have all the weapons. A larger military budget than every other country in the world combined. I don’t have to tell you these things. You are a smart man. Make the right decision. Send food, gas masks, and medical supplies. Help people and they will help themselves. We need to get off oil before there is crisis. Now is a good time. Start the solar revolution instead of this endless perpetuation of war that is blood shed in America’s greedy privileged name. Hopefully you read this letter. I remember the bombing of Baghdad, I watched it in my living room at 17 years old, we have been at war ever since in my lifetime. There is a road named after my friend Vinny from Silver Bay Elementary school. I have friends who were in a military system where rape is rampant. I have friends who are injured physically and far older than they should be mentally. My son is 7 years old. He still believes in peace, as I’m sure your girls do as well. Usually my other letters are more important. The ones I write to people just because I love them and I want to hear what they have to say and encourage them to speak up more. But right now, we can see change or we can see the same ol’ bloodshed. The choice is up to you.


Love, 
Jackie Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment