5/31/13

42

Can people recover who have bought into society's idea of their life for too long? People survive horrible trauma every day. Then it's over. How many is too many days of emotional abuse? I feel I self medicate. I feel I'm imagining when something is wrong. Someone convinced me whenever I don't feel well, I am faking. How can you fake feeling? I feel ashamed I still need medication and that I'm sick. I've been sick, and now it's going to take a long time to heal because it too a long time to get this way. I know all this but still something inside me always tells me "I'm failing. I can't save everyone." I know now that voice is wrong. All things in due time.

Everyone has the free will to do whatever they want with their lives. I respect that and support that so I understand some will always choose differently than me. I don't think many people feel they have the choices or freedoms in life they need to. The illusion of choice is everywhere. This brand or that brand? Blue side or red side? Decisions and communities are more complex than that. We know we need food and shelter and will accept much abuse before venturing out on our own, away from the tribe. The tribes have grown far too large. Stereotypes too broad, we have lost our individuality. 

Instead of seeing the immense power behind being seven billion. We seem to find our numbers a mental burden or a physical distress. Just because you are 1 in 7 billion does not mean you will find anyone in the world exactly like you. Every single one of us will have different experiences. No two humans live the exact same life. Even twins with the exact same DNA will lead a completely different existence from the moment of who is born into the world first. Your uniqueness is important. Whatever you have seen is something no one else has seen. No one will get the same output at the end of their life's equation. At the same time we're all headed for the exact same thing. The end. Some fear it. Some long for it. The one commonality we all experience is, no one gets to stay. 

We only get one experience, no one else's. If we want to find answers before we run out of time we have to trust our parents, grandparents, and ancestors to guide us. There should not be hostility between generations. We are fully aware of the cycles of life. No one should be mad or surprised teenagers are selfish. Adolescence is the selfish phase of life. When you are trying to figure out who you are. It certainly becomes easier with teachers. Why have we abandoned our younger generations and blamed our follies on them? Through the movement of wisdom passing hands we can come to know what someone else has seen and learn from their short unique experience of life. No matter how isolated we feel, we are all connected.

Alone we know nothing. When two beings are together we produce. We connect. We build a shelter. We plant a garden. We learn to communicate. 

Are we here to learn or influence? 
Perhaps we are here to learn what came before us and influence what comes after. Spend too much time on one or the other and we suffer the pains of being out of balance. 

Talk to Me

Be a Facebook Fan of My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment