4/22/15

Fire Inside

Sometimes you tell me difficult things to hear
I appreciate it
I take it better from you than from anyone else
I don't like things soft
I want things to be hard
I want something to push me
Propel me forward
Stoke my flame
Help me grow
I wanna reach heights never seen before
Live lives only dreamed of
Burn down everything we've ever known
Rise up from the ashes
A phoenix takes flight
To lead others out of the darkness
Crying tears that heal
The souls of all those broken
By a system that places no value
On the spirit of a man
People who imagine change
Are not often well liked
It is through connection
That we build power
Sometimes that connection is stable
But other times the reaction is volatile
The explosion of chemicals and energy
Swell to encompass everything you've ever known
We never see these things coming
We resist extreme possibilities
In exchange for comfort and complacency

Be My Friend

Follow My Nonsense


No comments:

Post a Comment